More About Joe
Tennis is the best individual sport in the world! It brings together every aspect of the mind, body, heart and soul of a player. A one-to-one gladiatorial sport providing ,a platform, a rite of passage, a mirror for the player, a passion, the ultimate game. "I love tennis!
I believe tennis offers enjoyment for everyone at all levels and approach each lesson convinced that everyone can learn to play and enjoy it as much as I have."
President - Arias Tennis Corp. founded 1996
Director - Suffolk County Junior Tennis League founded 1997
Director of Tennis - Suffolk Y JCC 2012 to present
Master Tennis Professional - Sportime Kings Park 1998 to present
School Tennis Coach Trainer and
League Consultant November 2007 to present
Director of Tennis and Head Tennis Professional -
Port Jefferson Country Club
1999 to 2010
United States Tennis Association (USTA):
- Coach Education and Development National Faculty Member starting 2006
- National Welcome Back To Tennis Specialist starting 2006
- National 10 and Under Tennis Specialist starting 2007 to present.
- USTA Provincial Umpire 2008
Olympics North America National Tennis Coaches Training Faculty Member
starting March 2008 to 2010
Wilson Tennis Advisory Staff member 1998 to present.
- Tennis Clinician 1998
- Suffolk County School Tennis Coordinator starting June 2006 to present
- Junior Team Tennis Suffolk County
Regional Coordinator starting May
2006 to present.
- Collegiate Tennis
Committee Chairman 2005 to 2009
- Junior Team Tennis Committee
Member 2006 to 2011
- USTA/Eastern Section Long Island USA Team Tennis
Coordinator - 1998-1999
- Certified NTRP Verifier 1998 to 2003
United States Professional Tennis Association
United States Tennis Association (USTA):
- NTRP Verifier Workshop
- USTA School’s Program Clinician
- USTA Coach Education and Development National Faculty Member
- USTA National 10 Under Tennis Specialist
- USTA High Performance Coach 2009
New York State Certified Varsity Tennis Coach.
- American Sports Education Certified in coaching youth tennis.
training in numerous tennis related fields.
Section Volunteer of the Year 1997
- USTA Long Island Region Community Special Service Award 2001
- USTA/Eastern Section Clinician Award 2002
- USTA Eastern Section NJTL Chapter of the Year 2004
- USPTA Industry Excellence Award 2006
- Youth Enrichment Services (YES) Community Tennis Award 2008
- Town of Islip Citation for Community Service 2008
- USTA Eastern Section Member Organization of the Year 2008
- USTA National No-Cut High School Coaching Team Award 2014
- October 9, 2013: USTA names Coach Joe Arias to 2013 No-Cut National All-Star team.
- Suffolk County Boys Varsity Tennis Coach of the Year 2018
- Private School Atheltic Association Girls Varsity Tennis Eastern Division Coach of the Year 2018
- Effectively represented Suffolk County as member of USTA Long Island Regional Board.
- Increased area participation in tennis promotions and initiatives.
- First to activate USTA Eastern Section District by organizing the USTA Suffolk County District Board (2008).
- Identified and developed relationships with organizations important to development of tennis on Long Island
- Community groups
- Tennis professionals
- Tennis industry:
- Service industry
- School Districts
- PE Staff
- Parent Teacher Association
- Collegiate tennis
- Coaching staff
- School parents
- >Adult tennis enthusiasts
- Junior and adult competitive players
- Founded Arias Tennis Corp.
- Professional lesson services
- Facility management
- Web service through website www.ariastennis.com.
- Information resource for Suffolk County tennis information.
- Monthly e-mail announcements sent to e-mail list.
- SCJTL website www.scjtl.org.
- SCJTL eTennis Center
- USTA Member Organization
- USTA Team Tennis participating site
- USTA Community Tennis Association
- USTA National Junior Tennis League Chapter
- Member Tennis Industry Association
- Development and administration of the Suffolk County Junior Tennis League.
- Identified and addressed need for tennis accessibility and programmin
- Developed structure, policy, training management of staff.
- Designed SCJTL to be an effective component and connection to USTA pathway programs.
- Development of the SCJTL School Tennis Initiative.
- Formation of local Non-profit 501C3 tennis and education foundation Suffolk County Tennis & Education Foundation
- Assisted and coordinated numerous tennis events:
- Developed Junior Varsity Workshops with collegiate tennis team.
- Developed visiting tennis pro program for school tennis teams.
- Established TIA Tennis Welcome Centers throughout Suffolk County.
- Revived the Suffolk County Boys Varsity Tennis Awards Dinner
- TD Waterhouse Cup Chps Award Presentation
- Play Tennis America events
- Compete in the Parks tournaments
- Long Island and Suffolk County Tennis carnivals
- USA Tennis Rock & Rally NYC 2002-03
- Developed TryTennis.org new adult tennis player intitative.